Thursday, March 8, 2012

House Design is underway!

Pardon me, I'm barging in on Shannon's space for just a few lines.

For those of you who may not have known, Stone Coop is building a residence on the new property.  In keeping with the farm's goal of minimizing their impact on the planet, they will be seeking LEED certification for the home.

And you may ask yourself, what is LEED?  And you may ask yourself, why would they do that?  The answers to these questions and many more can be found here: Stone Coop Farm and LEED.  I'll be talking about our progress, and setbacks as we move through the design and construction process.  We are also investigating the possibility of relocating a couple of old barns (I've looked at a couple of 1860's 70's barns, way cool), and constructing a straw building on the property as well.

I hope you will stop by and check it out.  I'm still figuring out this whole blogging thing, so the site is definitely a work in progress.  Sometimes I prefer my old clay tablet.  Anyway drop in and be sure to leave comments.

-Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment